Friday, December 19, 2008

Les Sapins de Noël des Créateurs! Christmas in Paris

La sapin de Louis Vuitton
Photos taken by Miguel Adrover

In Paris for the holidays the fashion world contributed 44 designer Christmas trees at the annual "Les Sapins de Noël des Créateurs" charity auction. A grand total of €101,000 was raised for the Sol En Si charity organization that helps children and families living with AIDS.


Chanel *sigh*

The trees came in all shapes, sizes and designer styles. My personal favorite was Louis Vuitton's golden metal tree forged out of hundreds of LV emblems. It was the first time that top name artists in the world of design had contributed to the auction. Designs by Norman Foster, India Mahdavi, and Jacques Rougerie, were among the top bids. But it was the white column of circling shapes from Zaha Hadid that bid the highest for the evening.

Norman Foster
The fashion journalist Marie-Christiane Marek, who started the charity auction 13 years ago, said that the money would be used to create a residence in Togo for children orphaned by the disease. Amazingly, the total more than tripled the amount raised last year and the charity will be able to build much more than originally planned. Yippee!

Jean Charles de Castelbajac

No live trees were used in the designs, making all of the trees sustainable luxuries.

La sapin de Jean Paul Gaultier

The French even do Christmas trees with flair. I love this idea, what a luxurious way to bring about some Christmas cheer. Well, I've been inspired to decorate my own tree now. I've been a bit of a Christmas Grinch this year. I need to get into the spirit and decorate.



Gucci (of course)

Happy holidays from my home to yours! I hope that this holiday brings you what your heart desires most, and I don't mean the store~bought desires. Many, Many warm wishes your way!

Valentino *sigh*

La sapin de Christian LaCroix


Bisou Mon Amis!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I am loving the Chanel....toujours. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Judith, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très créatif! I think I like Gucci best, is that wrong? xoc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Très créatif! I like the Gucci tree best, is that wrong? xoc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judith,
    These couture trees are gorgeous!
    Thanks for the wonderful French-inspired Christmas cheer. I hope you will have some time today to do decorating of your own!
    Joyeux Noel,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judith~I love, LOVE Norman Foster's Red Christman Tree. Done so passionate, Love it!!! This tree will make me rethink something new for next year.

    Thank you for sharing:~)! I wish you and your family have a wonderful and joyous Christmas!!!

    ~Miss Kris~

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! I've done my tree this year, but there are a couple of great ideas for next year here. More important is the fact that they're able to raise some money for the less fortunate through this!

    Judith, thank you for being such a nice blogging friend! I'm looking forward to reading about your holidays. Have a very merry Christmas!

    xo,
    Trudi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is putting me in a designing mood! I'll be thinking about this alot. Merry Christmas, Judith.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. i guess the Lacroix is my favorite....
    but this is also because i just think he's grand !

    have a wonderful holiday dear and lots of love and fun...
    :-)

    ps : i'm so sorry, it's only now i saw your comment a few posts below..
    you're so sweet, thank you !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you!